Preliminary Task

Rough Story Board
Our group thought of an initial idea for our package and started drawing a rough story board. This idea wasn't final as we thought that we might have to change it but it was a start. We worked as a group to get our first idea, there was a few we had it mind  but decided to do this as our first idea.
We up dated our story board and changed our idea slightly we made it more detailed and clearer on what our package will look like. Evaluation Our idea We thought of our idea quite quickly, we were given the name ‘the package’ and straight away our group cam e up with many different ideas. We decided on doing a package on a train and it potentially being a bomb but the audience don’t see this directly so it leaves it up to them to decide what it was. We filmed it on the southern eastern service train to Victoria then back to Orpington. The plot of our clip was that a scary look male character was seen with a package getting on a train looking suspicious and he sits next to a innocent, attractive female character who also has the same package, as she leaves the train in a rush the packages get switched and she ends up leaving with his package. He notices as she is leaving the train and running along the platform, however it’s to late and the train has already left the station, in his panic he opens the package and realises it’s not the right one. This leaves suspense for the audience Filming the idea We hadn’t thought how hard it was going to be to film, we thought maybe we were going to film in on a tube. Then as we thought harder about it we realised that it may be quite hard as tubes are normally fairly busy and also didn’t want to draw attention to filming a bomb scene as some tourists may of got confused and scared. So we decided to stick to a train as they are less busy and we could film it in a more private environment. We felt the need to film a lot of footage so then later we could edit the bits we didn’t need as we felt it would benefit us from having too much footage than not enough. We knew that the clip had to consist of many different camera shots and angles we tried to demonstrate as many as we could and that we were able to include. For example shot reverse shot was almost impossible to film as there was so dialogue in our clip so we soon realised that we couldn’t do some but we tried to do as many as we could. Throughout our filming we were understood that some shots wouldn’t work with each other and it had to flow as much as possible. Editing the idea As soon as we started editing we came across problems in the shots we did, we had made a clip list which made things a lot easier as we knew what each shot was and it had its own number. However when we were putting clips together it soon became addressed that we were using shots that had not been filmed in order and some of the parts didn’t fit in with each other. We were also aware that when we wanted to include some shots the train was travelling in a different direction and this became a problem because it made the shots inconsistent. Also background of where the train was situated was an issue as again it wasn’t filmed in order therefore the station we were currently at didn’t match the one before. Also in certain scenes ‘Anna’ the female character has gloves on and we had to make sure that she didn’t have the gloves on before and made sure she had them on after so it matched. We also came across the fact that if we had longer, the clip would be more accurate and flow more but we had to consider that the time frame we did have had to include everything we needed. What went well? We worked well as a group and all had a part to play if it wasn’t filming then it was adding ideas and input to make it as good as it could possibly be. Our group met and filmed all the scenes we needed to for our package idea. We met and filmed on a train and several stations, whilst filming we realized how hard it was to film from different angles and try to include all the shots. Considering the scene only had to be a minute long it took a good 2-4 hours to film all the different shots so then later on we could edit them so it would flow. After we got all the different angles and shots that we wanted we then started preparing to edit.

G321 Preliminary Production from Millie Wrench on Vimeo.

1 comment: